Monday, September 8, 2008

The Triathlon





Well it was like four months but I am finally getting around to writing about the triathlon, mostly it was the trouble of getting the pictures off the web, I'm kinda not smart when it comes to this blogging thing. But I did a Triathlon in May of this year, 2008, and it was truly amazing!!! I did it with some of my favorite gal pals, Millie Degraff and Cassie Mark! We trained for a good three or four months all by ourselves, and I think we did a pretty good job considering we almost drowned at the first swim practice!!!:) Any who, we worked hard and the day finally came, with a little support from our sweeties and loved ones we made it through the 300 yard swim, 11 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run with an overwhelming sense of accomplishment!! It was more empowering than i ever thought it would be! I never thought something so hard, a real internal battle, could be so amazing!! I learned a lot from that experience!!

5 comments:

Meet The Olsens said...

Congrats on your triathlon. Do you have a bike then? If I could swim i would do one too but i would for reals drown :)Thankyou for finally updating your blog!

jbsorenson said...

thank you for finally posting something

The Boren Fam said...

Hey i have been hopping from blog to blog and found yours, very cute. I can't believe you did a triathalon, good job!!! Hopefully I see you at the next ball game! Have a lovley day.
-corinne

Ashley Russell said...

Good for you Sammy!
YOu won't ever believe it but, I have been getting up at 5:00 to go to the gym to take some classess I am on my third week:) Hopefully I can stick to it. Ash

Nukaya Family said...

i'm so glad you found our blog! We need to get together, it's been way to long!